12 February 2012

7 Favorites from the Week ⋆


1. Cooking with friends for a "failed" Superbowl party. This week kicked off to an excellent start at a friend's apartment.  We had full intentions of actually watching the Superbowl, but one thing led to another. We spent most of our time cloistered in the closet sized kitchen and around the precariously balanced dining table.  By the time all the munchies were ready; there was all of 7 minutes left to the game. Oh, poo. Our Superbowl party quickly morphed into a foodie party culminating in a few episodes of Anime.  



2. Falling back in love with my necklaces. I am head over heels for this little pig necklace by brother gave me as a Christmas present.



And I pulled out my peanut necklace this week. Equally adorable ... in a nutty way.



3. The snow and ice has begun to thaw.  While the Spring thaw makes me a little sad (I love Winter), Spring means I don't have to wear four layers to walk outside during the day.  Yesterday, after I missed my bus, I actually enjoyed my long walk back to the dormitories. 




4. Facial masks!  In particular, the Mask of Magnaminty from LUSH. It is a rather deep-cleanse formula.  When I say deep, I mean this green clay is intense.  Within a few minutes of applying the mask, my face went numb from the peppermint oil.  About an hour after I washed the mask off, my face turned strawberry red with patches of "break-outs" along my T-zone. eeeeek.  But! The next morning my face was perfectly clear and even toned.  (Think: super-detox for the skin.)  This mask is not for the faint of heart.



5. Dabbling in my music play-lists. Currently, I am enjoying Starfucker's Reptilians Album (check out their music here), Kate Nash (here music video for Foundations is sweet), and Carla Bruni (one of my favorite songs is Quelqu'un m'a dit).



6. Learning to love my lazy mornings. This week I obsessively listened to Radiolab podcasts over my morning oatmeal and between classes/doing laundry/starting a new chapter of Anatomy and Physiology notes. 


7. The Vagina Monologues. Excellent, hilarious, and a completely superwoman, pro-feminine-sexuality production. I attended the Missoula V-Day event last night with a group of friends. We couldn't stop raving about the stories. It’s a powerful play and organization to be part of. I have full intentions to attend again next year. {learn more about V-day here}




Cheers, kaite ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment