18 January 2012

And this is how it snows in Seattle...


As my winter break pulls into its last few days, the snow has finally cometh.  

For most of the winter in Seattle, it just slushes.  A flurry of white snowflakes cumulate of overnight and melt off by about noon to cover the streets in a slurry of snow, sand, salt and road debris (minus the fun psychedelic colors of gas station slurries).  Then, the whole mixture freezes overnight into sheets of death-trap black ice.  Winter essential No. 1: Never go anywhere in a car without kitty litter.

Of course, now that I am about to leave for Montana, “real” snow is falling all over the Puget Sound.  The snow fall is so “heavy” that some new stations are calling it “the worst blizzard in decades.”   I have yet to make an opinion on whether this is the worst snow fall in my life-time or not.  But, in the meantime, I am going to enjoy the pretty powder piling up around my house, catch up on some television series and check items of my to-do-list.   The best time to finish projects and organize is while under household-weather-arrest!

This morning I woke up to the yard around my house looking like snowbears had a pillow fight.
 {yes, hummingbirds do frequent in this weather}




Obviously, I would not be going out today.  So…….. waffles for breakfast sounded like a good idea.  I topped off my waffle with left-over roasted delicata squash, maple syrup and Enjoylife mini chocolate chips.  Seriously yummy.
After breakfast I snuggled up with a cup of tea and the X-files.  Ih. I can tackle the other things on my list after lunch.  Mulder and Scully are in the midst of aliens and cutting yellow tape at a crash site.
{mixture of lavender and Empress blend tea ^_^}

More pictures and events to come soon.  In the meantime, I have some X-files to watch and packing to start :/


Cheers! kaite ;]

1 comment:

  1. Great snow pictures from home. It looks like where I live. Nice to read your blog again. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete