05 February 2012

Yearning for shorter hair

I have had my moments where I lusted for longer hair.  To have locks that tumble down my back.  Those ever coveted beachy, romantic waves that could be plaited into mermaid-esc braid.


BUT for the past few months, I have more than flirted with the idea of hacking off my mid-length hair into a scruffy, shorter cut.  There is something edgy, sophisticated and chic about short hair.  It walks the line between practicality and frivolousness with a touch of confidence.  (I'm reading waaaayyy too much into the symbolism of hair length).


Nevertheless, here are a few of my inspirations that keep feeding the craving for shorter hair....
{Kristin Stewart} 


{Alexa Chung}


{Scarlett Johansson}

{Keira Knightley}

Any opinions?  How short should I go?  Is there a particular muse with short hair I should go photo-stalk?  Let me know if you have any commentary or suggestions.  Lately, I have been perusing the archives of For the Girls who Yearn for Short Hair for more short-hair inspiration.  Until I can manage to get myself over to my hair-dresser, I shall live vicariously through images.

Cheers, kaite ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment