23 June 2012

Piroshky Piroshky!

Hello. Long time, no post. I need to either commit to this regular post malarkey or find a new job...

Moving on to the actual point of this post, recently my family and I romped around in downtown Seattle whilst running a few "errands".  (Really, all activities par-taken in where on a to-do list). The highlight for me was a bite to eat at Piroshky Piroshky, a Russian bakery at the far end of Pike Place Market, closely followed by brother modeling a pink tailored blazer at H&M. If only I had taken a picture.  Both the piroshky and pink suit were beyond words. Thankfully for all of you, I took pictures of the piroshky. 
A few things to note about Piroshky Piroshky: 

1) The line at the bakery looks like something you would see in Disneyland. It snakes out the door, around the corner and back behind some specialty shop that sells cocktail olives. Forget the wait and just get in line. The lady making piroshky by the window will keep you entertained for the next 15 to 20 minutes. If It's A Small World was worth it. These piroskhy will be really worth it.

2) Staring at the menu for 15 to 20 minutes in a hypnotic gaze will make the decision of which stuffed bun to choose a sh*tload harder. For someone with decision making issues--not pointing any names or naming fingers here--pick the first item on the menu that strikes your fancy.  It will taste nummy. And now you have an excuse to come back.

3) This could easily become my new--as much as I hate using the phrase--"comfort food."  Move aside Mac and Cheeze, you have temporarily been ousted.







Random photo of my shoes.  Frankly, this must be something I do when I am bored as I have about 5,346,789,721 pictures of my feet + lower body in my photo archives.

A toasty sauerkraut, carrot and cabbage piroshky.  If only I had the technology to publish the smell...  Step it up Microsoft!
My mum selected a salmon piroshky shaped like a fish. Adorable, eh? Just looking at it makes me happy.


Any of you stopped by Piroshky Piroshky before?  What bun was/is your favorite?

Cheers,
kaite ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment